Our little keto hero misses breads, crackers and pizza, so we try to find ways to diversify his diet and deliver some of the textures and tastes he misses. We originally found a cream cheese ketogenic cookie recipe and used the concept to come up with these buttery “focaccia” style biscuits. Enjoy!
6 eggs (organic, free-range, omega-3)
1 package (8oz) organic cream cheese (softened)
2 sticks of organic pasture-raised lightly salted butter
1 shallot, minced
3 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tb sea salt
3 tb italian seasoning
1 tb garlic powder
1 c ground cashews
1/2 c organic coconut flour
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Place both sticks of butter into a small pan and melt over low heat with the minced shallots. After melted let stand to cool.
3) Crack eggs into a bowl and set aside.
4) Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
5) Using a hand mixer, whip cream cheese.
6) Slowly incorporate slightly cooled melted butter into the cream cheese.
7) Add the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
8) Beat in the eggs until fully incorporated.
9) Spoon out the batter onto a silicone baking sheet as you would with a scone. Top with sea salt flakes to garnish, if you desire.
10) Bake for about 15-20 minutes until browned and firm.
11) Cool on a rack and enjoy!