By popular demand, here is our take on sugar-free ice cream, with an appreciative hat tip to Gerard Pinzone. Considering how much we ate this over the summer, we started calling it Cream and Eggs to remind ourselves that if ice cream doesn’t have sugar in it, it’s an awesomely nutritious food:
SuperMax’s Very Cold Cream and Eggs (aka Ice Cream):
We use a Cuisinart ice cream maker for this.
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream (grass-fed, organic; extra money but it’s worth it if you consider the superior taste and health benefits)
- 3 eggs (organic, pasture-raised)
- Big pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of ZSweet
- Several drops of stevia glycerite to taste
- 1 1/4 tablespoon of vegetable glycerine (totally safe to eat, makes ice cream real creamy)
- Vanilla bean paste or extract to taste.
Mix eggs vigorously with ZSweet. Add glycerin, stevia, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Add cream. Mix enough to get everything blended. Pour into ice cream machine. Enjoy for breakfast! It’s super nutritious and perfect for keto-kids.
Note: this recipe calls for raw eggs so may not be appropriate for immunocompromised kids. Here’s a link to a cooked egg recipe, by sugar-free ice cream enthusiast Gerard Pinzone, but it’s more labor intensive.
Printable Recipe Card: