Here’s an awesomely easy dinner. Prepare, bag it up up, bake, and enjoy! You can even prep the night before, keep in a sealed container in the fridge, and then bag it up after work and bake it. The possibilities are endless, too. Add other veggies, olives, a little white wine, some butter, herbs, etc. Be creative and tell us how you serve up your fish in a bag!
- Tilapia, enough for 1-2 fillets per person. Try another fish too, it’s just what’s pictured here.
- 1/3 C Olive oil
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- 1-2 lemons, cleaned and sliced
- Shallots, if you’d like
- Veggies (we use broccoli, asparagus, and green beans), salted
- Parchment paper or parchment bags
- S&P, tt
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Slightly heat the olive oil with the crushed garlic, creating a garlic oil
- Cover your fish with the garlic oil, add salt and pepper generously, to taste
- Add lemon slices, if you like
- Add shallots, sliced or minced, to taste if you’d like
- Add fish to the bag, once piece each on the bottom of the bag with enough room to roll up the edges. If you don’t have a bag, use two sheets of parchment and roll them together at the edges. Load the veggies on top and seal the bag(s) by rolling under the edges.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Be careful when opening the bags because steam has collected inside and will burn you. We serve with other veggies, salad, and grains like quinoa, millet or rice.