- 1 Lb Organic ground turkey
- 1 C Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 C Ground organic raw almonds
- Lots of salt and pepper, be generous, to taste
- 2-3 Organic, free-range eggs (depends on size)
- 1/4 to 1/2 C of water or milk
- 1 C Organic kale, steamed and chopped
I have to admit I made these and am now trying to approximate the recipe. Meatballs are something you can put together by sight. Just make sure your ratios of ingredients look good. You want the meatball to retain its shape but also be soft and airy. You can mix all of the ingredients and fry up a tester patty, just to be sure you like it. I usually pan fry the meatballs and then add them to sauce to finish off. But can can easily bake them too. You can sub cheeses and extras, like hemp hearts instead of almonds. Sub feta, olives, parsley and couscous or quinoa — yum!